When I set out to develop a summer recipe with one of our cookies, I knew I had to use the Zesty Lunatic, our vegan lemon + coconut cookie. Who doesn’t love a refreshing lemon dessert in the middle of the summer? This icebox cake is incredibly easy to make and super light and yummy. Another great thing: this cake gets better the longer it sits, so the leftovers are delicious. The cake feeds 5-6 people but it can easily be doubled (or tripled!) depending on how many you want to feed. Top it with some fresh blueberries and strawberries and it makes a perfect July 4th dessert!
- 1 bag Kitchen Millie Zesty Lunatics (20 cookies)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Use an electric or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to beat heavy cream until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually mix in sugar and lemon juice. Beat until soft peaks form.
Fold in lemon zest.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of whipped cream onto each cookie and stack 5 together and stand them on edge on platter.
- Repeat step 4 twice more, so that you have 3 rows of 5 cookies, spreading a layer of whipped cream between each row to adhere them.
3. Use the remaining whipped cream to frost the outside of the cookie cake.
4. Refrigerate 24-36 hours. Cut and serve!